I thought I was going to see the whole city go dark. My friends and I went to a place where we could view the whole city turn its light off (of course, before going the said place, I turned off all lights and electricity at my place). Unfortunately, only a few establishments joined the worldwide campaign. My friends and I were very disappointed.
The whole city was still full of lights when 8:30 PM came. I thought, the people of this city were willing to help preserve the environment with that simple gesture. Truly disappointing.
When I got home, I saw in the news that this city was one of the centers for the campaign. I so wanted to tell the reporter that "Hoy dong, kahit nagbenta sila ng mga Earth Hour t-shirts at pins dito, hindi pa din nakisali ang karamihan ng mga tao at establisimyento sa kampanya di tulad sa ibang bansa!"
I would like to give the people here the benefit of the doubt. Maybe, not much information was given regarding the mechanics of the campaign. But my high blood self is telling me that Pinoys in general do not really care about the environment. They could not even sacrifice an hour of no lights, tv or aircon! Maybe it's bad for business as well. Regardless, it seems nature is not a priority of everyone! How uncool is that eh?
I think, we Pinoys will have to really learn more about caring for the environment especially from other nations. We definitely need to love mother earth for the benefit of the future generations of this country!
Let's stop being selfish and start caring for our only planet!
9 comments:
nice. i guess you joined Earth hour :)
niceblog. will come back and read some more ;)
yea i did. i shut down everything at my place.
thanks, mark ryan. =)
Inasahan ko na yun. Dito pa sa ating bayan eh mauuso yang ganyan? I doubt.
guilty ako ;( hindi ako sumali.
http://www.earthhour.org/news/default:en/article?id=eh9088541622938002028
@mugen
nakakadisappoint lang kasi nagkaron naman ng media mileage ang event. but in fairview, i know people who really joined the earth hour.
@jayvee
well, hindi naman limited sa 1 hour last night ang pagtulong sa pagsagip sa ating planeta. you can always do your share everyday :)
@Mugen
I just read the link that u sent. Im surprised that the Philippines topped Asia. well ang good. I saw in TV patrol how it was in Metro manila pero dito sa lugar kung nasan ako, it was indeed disappointing. the minor cities in the province joined based on the article na nabasa ko sa dyaryo but the capital city didnt do much kasi yun yung nakita namin sa overlooking area.
i just dont know how the earth hour measure the participation of communities around the world.
anyways, at least good news yung nabasa ko na yun.
it lessens the disappointment i had last night
i joined earth hour!
actually i enjoyed the darkness... kaya almost two hours walang ilaw sa bahay namin ...
Post a Comment