-Tennessee Williams
_______________________________________________________________
Friends are vital parts of our lives. Without them, existence for me, is totally impossible.Some people think that I have lots of friends because of the number of people in my social networking sites. But the truth is, out of more than 500 people on those lists, only less than a fourth can be considered my really close friends. The rest, are acquaintances.
My friends are the people who really know who I am: my likes, dislikes and my really bad temper. They know when I'm happy and and they know when I'm really down. They are the people whom I can rely on in times of distress.
Just who are my REAL friends?
GROUP A: My friends from elementary and high school
These are the people I grew up with. I've known some of them since kindergarten (whoa! that's like 20++ years of friendship!). We saw each other mature into teenagers and adults. We all know the story of our lives.
They are my friends with whom I played patintero, family computer, tag, chinese garter, hide and seek, and skipping rope with. They were the ones who knew my first crush. And they also know what I'm really scared of.
Some of us parted ways after college (most of my closest friends went to the same college as I did- di kami nerd, matatalino lang kami, hehehe) but we continue to communicate until today. Some are abroad, some are married but one thing is certain, we will be friends 'til our last breath.
GROUP B: My Friends at work
I was given two tags at work: Mr. congeniality and ang lalakeng meron
Mr. Congeniality: simply because I try to befriend everyone at the work place.
Ang lalakeng meron: because according to my former officemates, I sound so rude and mataray when I make side comments.
I have grown really close with a few of these officemates and their respective families.
Infact, whenever there is a special occasion, we try to see each other for lunch, merienda or dinner somewhere in the metro. I guess we'll be doing that more often now. =)
GROUP C: My College Friends
I was a snob during my college days.
My present philosophy of "if you dont talk to me, i wont talk to you" probably started during college.
I had very few friends in college. In fact, I only had two sets of friends, my elementary friends who went to the same university and my org-mates.
Of course, not everyone in my org became close to me. There were only a few who became really good friends.
They were my gimik buddies: drinking sessions here and there, parties everywhere, and out of town trips. As we went on our own separate ways after college, some of us lost touch but it's great to know that after a few years, some of us still managed to get together and reminisce the past and plan for future.
GROUP D: My present officemates
Just like what I mentioned earlier, I'm mr. congeniality but I do keep my own group of close friends at work.
As of now, I have a few at my present work place.We've only been together for a few years but it's as if we've known each other for a long time. I hope to be in touch with them even though we would be miles apart.
I really had fun knowing these people. And I will surely miss them when I leave our place of work.
GROUP D: My Gym Friends
Again, I'm a snob.
I have my own world when I'm at the gym. I just do my thing and seldom communicate with anyone.
Never did I realize that I would find true friends where sweat and iron go hand in hand. I will definitely miss my gym friends when I leave. But I know, no matter what the distance is, we will shall be friends for the rest of our lives. And that's not a "char."
GROUP F: The Engkantos or Encantos
This is a new set of friends. I never thought that I would have friends like them. I met them in the weirdest possible way- through the net.
Our journey as a group is still starting especially for me who just got back into the fold courtesy of manong. I hope to get to know these people more. But I do know that some of them are unarguably my true friends. May our journey as friends continue. May the unfolding of events in our lives serve as our tool in molding and defining our friendship.
I love my friends and I will be forever loyal to these people. I am glad that I have friends like them. Here's to 50 or 60 years more of friendship! =)
___________________________________________________________
"Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends."
-Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment