Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let's Get Physical

I'm getting old. My market value is depreciating. In order for it to appreciate, something must be done.

Solution: the GYM!

In 2006, I decided to enrol at this gym near my place. It took me a while to decide whether I'll enrol or not because it involved a hefty amount. But since I truly wanted to improve my physique and confidence, I said yes to the blabbering fitness consultant.

Credit card- swiped!
Personal trainer- assigned!
Training days- scheduled

All systems go!

At first, it was kinda intimidating. Little old me, thin, frail and with a bulging tummy was surrounded by gorgeous, delicious, lickable and eye-popping bodies!

"Don't fret!" Goodlooking PT told me.
"I will transform you into one hot commodity. Let's give it a few months, and you'll have a body to die for!"

Oh wow! How encouraging! I was totally excited to be HOT! Hahaha!

After running millions of miles in the treadmill, lifting gazillions of weights using the different machines and free weights, and taking pounds of protein shake for six months, my PT saw an improvement!

All the blood and sweat I shed inside the gym was worth it! My shoulders, arms and chest looked better. And yes! I had abs even though they were just 2 packs at that time!

I stopped my personal training coz it was draining my resources but I continued to follow my program.

After a year, I graduated from wearing those loose shirts to those tight fit sandos.

Was complimented several times by friends and a few people at the gym. I felt so proud of myself. I never imagined that I would have that kind of body nor have the discipline that goes with it. (I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week)

But I'm human. I err. I pigout! How many times have I binged and forgot to do my regular workout after my 2nd year of gym training? Hmmm...several times!

I was out of shape for quite some time. My tummy got big. My pants and shorts were getting tight. I didn't look good wearing those tight-fit sandos. The love handles were clearly showing.

I panicked!

I went back to doing my old stuff again. I read health magazines for new programs. Decided to stay longer at the gym. Did a lot of cardio. And practiced my old program.

But I have been so inconsistent lately. Sometimes, I workout really hard and there are days that I am so lazy to even lift a single dumbell! Plus my out of town trips do not help at all. I eat a lot when I go to those far off places. (Sarap the food eh)

How I wish I could get back those abs! I need something or someone to motivate me right now. Whatever or whoever that is, come on down!

I have to be in the best condition asap!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay naku twin sis, sa tulad nating HIPON, kelangan talaga may shape value.

or else, itatapon pati katawan natin pabalik sa karagatan !

kalokah!

Bloiggster said...

hahaha!

luka luka ka talaga! napapatawa mo ako lagi sa mga comments mo! wala kang kasing gago! hahaha

. said...

Kasi masyadong sineseryoso eh. Gayahin mo ako, naka-embed sa aking routine ang gym. Kahit na nagkakasakit eh buhat pa rin. Lol.

The older we get, I think our value becomes higher. We should become more mature on our outlook. Sabi ko nga kay bed boy (yung lalaki sa blog ko lately, bukod kay soulkeeper)"I cannot afford to jump from one relationship to another, tumatanda na tayo."

Ewan ko lang kung hindi sapat na assurance yun para maniwala siya na hindi ako patapon. Haha.

Bloiggster said...

sobra naman yun joms!

wag naman mag gym kahit may sakit! lalo ka magkakasakit non.