A few weeks from now, I will be jobless. Friends and colleagues have asked me why I resigned.
"O bakit ka nagresign? Malaki naman sweldo mo dyan di ba?"
"Okay naman ang trabaho mo at light ang work load, bakit ka nagresign?"
"HA? Nagresign ka? BAKIT?"
"San ka na magtatrabaho? Sayang naman at nagresign ka."
It's true, I earn a decent salary at work. I may just be a regular employee but I get a fair share from our company. My work load is indeed very light compared to my previous jobs in Metro Manila. That's why it came as a surprise to colleagues when they found out that I resigned.
So why the hell did I quit?
I've had enough of this place where I am at. I've always said that Metro Manila or any highly urbanized city on earth is my kind of place. I love the hustle and bustle of big cities. It may be polluted and traffic is terrible, but I have learned to live with them since I started working eons ago. The action is in Metro Manila and for two years now, I've missed several events just because I am far from the center.
I missed the rallies against GMA, I missed the centennial celebration of my university, i missed several parties of friends and relatives- birthdays and weddings. And I miss being with people who are important to me. That's why going home is always a treat for me, no matter how expensive the airfare is.
I miss the fast paced life of Metro Manila. Some might think that I am crazy for leaving this job but I guess, this isn't for me. I do not belong here. I should go back to the place where I belong.
In 60 days, I will be jobless. Could anyone please hire me? ;-)
2 comments:
i could definitely relate... the love for the urban life, missed rallies, (well, i was able to attend the centennial celebration though) parties, get togetheres etc...
sometimes regardless how lucky one is at his profession, there are still somethings that drag us to pursue what we really want and need, and i think that is whats really important...
goodluck sa iyo
thanks peripheralviews!
hopefully i get a job soon. mahirap mabuhay nang walang salapi sa kamaynilaan.
if there is something that i will miss about this place, it's the standard of living. mura mga bagay bagay dito lalo na the food.
Post a Comment