Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Outside My Room

I'm a homebody. I am not fond of going out. I'd rather stay at home, watch tv or surf the net.I only go out when I'm invited and if I like the company of the people im supposed to go out with.

What type of activities do i enjoy doing outside the comforts of my bedroom?

I like doing karaoke or what we call in our country, videoke. I may not be an excellent singer but I could carry a tune. I like dining out with friends and have a good conversation with them.Whether it's in a posh restaurant or the nearest turo-turo, I dont mind at all as long as im with them. Drinking out with friends is fine as well but I do have my limits. I easily get drunk. hehehe!

But the activity that I enjoy the most when Im outside my room is travelling to places in our country. I have visited a few but I have to say that I have yet to discover the Philippines.

Favorites: (in random order)

Baguio- I like it because of the cool weather. I feel so astig in Baguio because in spite of the cold temperature, I would still go around wearing just a t-shirt and shorts.

Bohol- It's just amazing to see this place. I was struck in awe when I saw the Chocolate Hills and cruised the Luboc River. Being close to the tarsiers was a fun experience as well. The Baclayon Church was just magnificent!


Cagayan de Oro- I love the white-water rafting experience. The people at Divisoria are also very friendly. Food is cheap and good.

Rizal- The old churches of Morong and Tanay are a sight to behold. Once you enter these churches, you would feel as if you are back in the 19th century. The art museums in Angono are very interesting (the Blanco Family Museum and the Balaw-balaw Restaurant). Oh, I also love the fried itik in this town.

Laguna- There are so many interesting places in this province but my definite favorite here is the town of Paete where you could see the masterfully crafted wood carvings.

Cebu- My personal favorite in this province: Cebu Lechon! Definitely the best lechon i've tasted. The Sinulog fesival was one hell of an experience. Something to look forward to every January. Bantayan Island in the northern part of the province is a great vacation destination too.


Southern Leyte- A very serene place. The city of Maasin is quiet in spite being the capital of this province. But the best experience was when I visited the island of Limasawa! The sea was blue, the food was fresh and the places that I saw during my tour of the island was just breathtaking!


Quezon Province- My favorite festival in Luzon: The Pahiyas Festival in Lucban town. Eating pancit habhab and lucban longganisa while touring the intricately decorated houses in Lucban is always a treat when I'm here.




There are so many other places to see in the Philippines but the places that I wish to see are Batanes, Palawan, Sagada, Siquijor and Davao. Hopefully, I'll get to visit them in the near future.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nakakamiss ang baguio! Dati nandun ako every 2 months dahil sa work. Nakakamiss ang Pizza Volante and Bulala sa slaughterhouse

Punta ako CDO next week :D sana maenjoy ko din ang white-water rafting

Anonymous said...

Nakakamiss ang baguio! Dati nandun ako every 2 months dahil sa work. Nakakamiss ang Pizza Volante and Bulala sa slaughterhouse

Punta ako CDO next week :D sana maenjoy ko din ang white-water rafting

Eben said...

Sobrang miss ko na ang bansa natin. Marami kasi pwedeng puntahan sa Pilipinas.

Sa mga lugar na napuntahan mo, Baguio at Laguna pa lang ang narating ko. I'm planning to go to Sagada and Bohol the next time I come home.

Bloiggster said...

miss ko na din ang baguio charles. matagal-tagal na din ako di nakakabalik doon.

sana makapunta ulit ako. sayang, this year, bumaba pa naman sa 7 celsius ang temperature dun. ang sarap siguro dun nung time na yun.

Bloiggster said...

madami dami na din ako napuntahan sa pinas pero mostly sa luzon lang. maganda ang visayas kung ieexplore mo.

di ko pa din napupuntahan ang bicol. gusto ko din makita ang mayon volcano. hopefully makapunta din ako dun. lagi kasi nauudlot yung plans before na pumunta don eh.

Anonymous said...

Wala bang sex outside the room?
hehehe.jocjoc.

Bloiggster said...

langya ka! sex outside room ka dyan! hindi naman lagi sex ang laman ng utak ko no! may mga wholesome stuff din naman ako na ginagawa sa buhay ko!

Kape Kanlaon\ said...

wow.. I'm glad to see Cebu in your list...
but i'm transferring to bacolod now..hope you could visit here soon too...

Bloiggster said...

well cebu is a nice place if youre a tourist. i love the beaches here.

wow bacolod, would love to visit bacolod as well in the future.