Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Facing Controversy

I am not used to the limelight.

As much as possible, I stay behind the scene. In other words, I try to keep a low profile.

Since I have this attitude, I seldom face controversial issues either at work or in the family.

Recently, I was hounded by an issue involving a fellow encanto. It all started with a joke and turned serious when our group leader found out about it. Somehow, the joke was on us.

It became the talk of the group. Some were saying that they were for it and of course, the leader didn't want any of it due to a few reasons.

At first, I took the issue very lightly since there was really no malice between Alitaptap and I. I even joke about it every now and then. But after so many messages in Blogspot, YM and through text messages regarding the issue, I had to explain myself already through blog, yesterday.

And here I am again, explaining myself. This will be the last time that I'll talk about the issue.

FACTS:

Alitaptap and I became chatmates in G4M early this year. I got to know him through our chats and decided to meet up with him when I get back to Manila come February. I even promised him that I'll treat him out.

February came and we weren't able to see each other because of our busy schedules. Him, taking his exams in school, and I, busy meeting up with friends.

We continued our hi's and hello's through text and internet until I found out that he was invited to an inuman session 2 weeks ago.

I was happy for him because after months of having no communication with the other engkantos, he was once again with them. When I found out that he was with the other engkantos, I texted him and asked him how he was. He told me that he felt awkward. As a friend, I decided to call him through his cellphone. We talked and I made him feel that he wasn't alone at that time.

Last Saturday, we met with the other engkantos for a drinking session at Trinoma. Jokes were exchanged. And this was how the controversy started. I admit that I may be at fault as well because of my text messages to the group which were supposed to be jokes. But I guess some of the encantos took them seriously and were even for the so-called Alitaptap-PGR relationship.

Again, both of us denied that there was something going on between the two of us.

Today, Alitaptap and I decided to go somewhere during the day since we both had a boring Monday. There was really no complete plan but part of it was to invite the other encantos. But since we decided to go to Antipolo, we invited somebody who lived near the area and that was Tsupaeng.

After having lunch at the mall, we went to my place and waited for Tsupaeng to arrive. We chilled in my room. Alitaptap surfed the net while I fell asleep. It took a while before our lolo tsups arrived.

When he arrived, text messages were again exchanged between lolo and a few encantos. We were once again hounded by controversy.

The truth is, nothing really happened between the two of us when we were left alone in the house. What Tsupaeng texted to the rest were mere jokes. We were not even sweet when I ate my halo halo and had coffee and tea at the coffee shop.

AGAIN, Alitaptap and PGR are just friends, no more, no less. I am his big brother and it won't go beyond that.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST EXPLANATION. IF AN ISSUE ARISES AGAIN, I WON'T TALK ANYMORE.

Less talk, less mistake.

1 comment:

DN said...

aw...

cool lang.

you don't need to explain, kuya.

yaan mo na sila mag-isip. :D

smile smile!