Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strangled

I thought going home would be a very exciting thingy. Unfortunately, in turned sour today after I received a litany of dramatics from my father.

I do understand where he was coming from. After labouring for years to give my brother and I a good education, here I am, I have nothing to show them in terms of material wealth.

I know that he just wants the best for me and my brother and it pains me to see him cry in front of us just like what he did this morning.

I felt so worthless as a son after hearing those words from him. I know that I have done so much to help other people. I have honed and influenced so many but of course, my parents do not see this as an achievement. It is always material wealth for them.

But they do not understand that the career that I chose several years ago will never make me a wealthy man. It will never even buy me a tricycle nor a small plot at a memorial park.

Being jobless right now makes the situation worse. I almost cried. I usually don't tell this stuff to friends and I am glad that there's a blog where I could just pour this all out.

The only solution to make things work is to look for a job overseas. I will do this just to satisfy my parents' rumblings. I know that I did promise myself years ago that I will never be a "slave" to foreigners; but with the situation at home right now, I think, it's time for a paradigm shift.

______________________________________

I am not home right now... I'd rather stay out than be at home and hear the incessant rants of my parents especially my dad.

Was resigning from my previous work a good decision? I really don't know...Maybe, maybe not.

16 comments:

Turismoboi said...

i feel for u

naranazan ko yan

if u nid a frnd im here to talk!

bampiraako said...

nakarelate ako sa sinabi mo about having a job that can't even afford a trycyle.

I understand how you feel right now. Mahirap talaga maging panganay na anak sa panahon ng global crisis..

Mugen said...

Just a suggestion dude. While waiting for a job overseas, why not look here which would somehow keep you distracted?

Medyo mahirap nga pag ang sukatan ng success ng magulang ay material wealth ng anak...

DN said...

Kaya 'yan. Everything will be alright...

smile smile!

Bloiggster said...

maraming salamat sa inyong mga comforting words... very much appreciated. *hugs*

Bleeding Angel said...

nararamdaman ko ang nararamdaman mo. I've been working overseas for the past 5 years, nakalimutan ko na kung paano magcelebrate ng xmas, kasi 4 years na akong walang xmas at panglima na if ever this coming december.

the worst thing, napasama ako sa recession, nagclosed company namin and here i am, palakad lakad sa pag walk-in application, ang hirap pero always look on a brighter side of it, para kasi tayong gold, pinaainitan , pinapaso, hinuhubog para maging matatag sa mas mabigat at challenging na mundo... hugz n kisses..

Anonymous said...

nalulungkot sa post mong ito bro. Bilog ang mundo malay mo tumama ka sa lotto. (jowk lang)

i-push mo ang overseas work bro. may pending application ka dun di ba? then work ka muna dito sa manila. tell ur dad everything will be alright, may degree at license. worried lang siguro sya sayo.

d2 lang kami kung kelangan mo ng tulong.

hugs.

Bloiggster said...

@bleeding angel and rain

maraming salamat...you just dont know how much your words mean to me.

stieg said...

good luck! ang parents ko todo support sa kahit anong decision. hindi naman kami mayaman pero ayaw nila ako mag-trabaho abroad. :-)

The Lonely Wanderer said...

Very understandable for parents... but sometimes they deliberately exaggerate terms just to serve as wake-up call. Hehe.

But don't give up and keep the focus on your chosen career. Success is definitely not measured by monetary value alone but more by the satisfaction your career is giving you. Man, you are too young to say you haven't succeeded any as yet. Your more than 10 years of working, though with not much accumulated financial wealth but with valuable experience, is already an intangible success and blessing. There are ways to draw great things out of these "humble" work experiences and they could be the impetus to greater height of your career here or abroad that will lift you at par or even higher above the rest of your so-called “successful” peers. Opportunities and possibilities are endless....

Ikaw pa, kayang kaya mo yan! Alam mo bang halos lahat ng nagiging successful talaga sa buhay e dumadaan sa dinadaanan mo ngayon? :-) God bless you always.

<*period*> said...

ano po ba ang tinapos mo? maybe i can help..i work as a news writer sa kapuso network..it's the least i can offer my friend

Anonymous said...

kaya mo yan, hope for the better. malay mo, there is a bigger plan for you out there. just be patient.

i wish you the best of luck bloigg.

Bloiggster said...

@boy android

thanks. they have always been very supportive of me but i have noticed na for the past 3 years, di sila masaya sa nangyayari sa buhay ko.

@simplengtao

nice to hear from you. wow, nosebleed ako sa iyong mga sinabi pero alam mo, sobrang pasalamat ako sa sinabi mo. i do hope that everything would be fine, soon...

Bloiggster said...

@period

wow, writer ka pala sa GMA. uhmmm...do you think I would fit into the network's pool of talents? puede ba ako sa artist center? hahaha! chos!

thanks so much for the offer. :) hindi po ako grad ng masscom or english eh. but i did some work for abs cbn before na kaaway niyo. hehe

Bloiggster said...

@maxwell

salamat kaayo! :)

LIHIM said...

You seek fulfillment and your father seeks achievement.in your case, the two perceptions are contradicting each other rather than jiving together. Ask yourself "What have i fulfilled for myself?" then ask "What have i fulfilled for my father?" then ask again yourself "What have i achieved for myself?" then followed by "What have i achieved for my father?". You need to see the differences and the similarity between fulfillment and achievement for you to have a clear perception and a strong decision on choosing the path you want... or else, self-doubt will be knocking at your door again and again and again.