Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hee-YAH!

I have an addiction. It's called Body Combat.

Just like thousands of Fitness First members around the world, I attend Body Combat classes almost everyday. In fact, I even go from one FF branch to another so that I could attend the classes of my favorite Combat instructors.

So what is Body Combat? According to the Les Mills website:

BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as Karate, boxing, Taekwondo, Tai Chi and Muay Thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness.

BENEFITS
:
  • Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease

  • Tones and shapes key muscle groups

  • Burns calories for a leaner body

  • Improves co-ordination and agility

  • Improves bone density

  • Improves posture and core strength and stability

  • Builds self-confidence

I've been addicted to the program since day 1. The first ever experience was at FF Eastwood more than 2 years ago. And ever since, I could be seen attending those combat classes in 3 different FF branches.

Due to my addiction, I was chosen to represent an FF branch for the Body Combat Marathon for two consecutive years. It was a tough competition because form, power and stamina were the criteria for judging. All competitors had to last for more than 2 hours without losing the different martial arts form coupled with power when we punched, jumped and kicked.

Although I never won, the experience was totally awesome! I got to train with combat instructors and I actually learned the proper form and moves.

Until now, I could be seen in different branches kicking and punching my way to health! Hee-YAH!

8 comments:

Herbs D. said...

if i know-yung fierceness lng habol mo hahahhaa

Bloiggster said...

leche ka baklang bata na malandi! :))

Mugen said...

Next time na may inuman, pakita mo nga galing mo? Lol.

Bloiggster said...

hahaha! yoko nga! punta na lang kayo sa FF para makita niyo ako magcombat! hehe

Marhk said...

Tiyang ambisyosa ka talaga! at feelenqera ka TIYANG kaloka ka!! he he he he

Marhk said...

Tiyang ambisyosa ka talaga o feelenqera ka lang talaga!! kaloka ka he he he

Bloiggster said...

@marhk

gaga! di ako ambisyosa o feelingera..ginagawa ko talaga ito! sasampulan kita ng suntok at sipa pag uwi mo, gusto mo?

wanderingcommuter said...

baka may pinaghahandaan bugbugin? hahaha