Monday, May 18, 2009

Jai Ho

This is my new favorite song. After scouring the net, I found out that "Jai Ho" means "may victory be yours."

I know it won the Academy Awards last March but it only caught my attention when I saw the promo for the Pussy Cat Dolls' concert in Manila on June 11.

I saw the original Indian version in You Tube and I'm posting it here together with the PCD's English version. I like the music! Never thought that I will like Indian music.

I wanna watch the PCD concert on June 11. I wanna hear Nicole sing this song live! Sino gusto sumama?



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

bading na bading ka talaga. kahit sa music pambading. pang-indak na parang duck.

Dats said...

i like this song so much...even performed at offcie family day.

Bloiggster said...

@rain:

buang ka talaga! originally A Rahman and an Indian singer ang kumanta nung song for the movie Slumdog Millionaire. ganito talaga beat ng Indian music. nagmukha lang pambading because the PCD did the English version.

kala mo naman siya di bakla! BELAT MO! :P

@DATS

i like the beat. never thought that Indian music is nice. baka magstart na ako manuod ng mga Indian movies na madalas may mga kantahan at sayawan. hehe

Turismoboi said...

im going to watch pcd din

wanderingcommuter said...

kinakabisado ko na ang dance step! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

i like the song but the original one... i used to appreciate kasi ang slumdog millionaire...

i remember pa nga, old Pinoy movies (usu. comedy) na may dream sequence at magsasayawan ang grupo-grupong mga artista at backup dancers hahaha

Tristan Tan said...

Would have wanted to watch the concert but that the day before I leave. Busy busyhan na. :(

Eben said...

sa sobrang "adik" ko sa Slumdog, nag download pa ako ng buong OST.

yung mga sayaw sequence na ganito very common sa mga indian movies.

Bloiggster said...

@turismoboi

kitakits sa MOA! :)

@wandering commuter!

GOW! tapos video mo sarili mo na sumsayaw sa jai ho then post mo sa youtube! hehe

Bloiggster said...

@jason

slumdog millionaire is a simple but nice movie. soundtrack is nice too.

indian movies are like pinoy movies in the 80s and 90's na may mga dance sequences.

Bloiggster said...

@tristan

awwww..aalis ka na. sabi ko pa naman kay john, gusto kita mamit pag uwi ko ng manila.

@eben

this song kept me awake last night. gising na gising ako!

just like what i said, i thought na di ko magugustuhan ang indian music but i did because of jai ho.

indian movies are very musical. kahit nga yung nanominate nila na movie sa academy awards before eh may mga kantahan at sayawan na scenes kaya yang sinasabi ni rain na pambading ang jai ho is not true.

the music and beat of the song is very indian.

jaycee_08 said...

whahaha! astig nga ung kanta.. ngprapractice ako ng belly dancing.. para maging sexy.!

Bloiggster said...

@tinkerbell

talaga? nagbebelly dancing ka? sige, pag uwi ko dyan, magpakitang gilas ka sa tugtog na jai ho haneh?! :)