Saturday, January 24, 2009

Single

Whenever I see couples, whether they're homo or hetero, I get envious. I don't know why I get that feeling but I would tell myself: "sana ganyan din ako, sana may syota din ako."

It has been my choice to be single. More than a year has passed since I got hurt from a really disastrous relationship. After experiencing that travesty, I decided not to get myself into such a complicated situation once again.

Were there offers? Was I ever tempted to get hitched once again? Oh yeah! indeed! A few people have lined up to tell me that they like me and there were those whom I wanted to be with. In the end, I had to tell myself to STOP!

There is always this longing for LOVE! To love and be loved. But is it okay to take the risk and end up being hurt?

I have always believed that same sex relationships DO NOT last.

MAN + MAN = too much testosterone = too much libido = infidelity!

I know a lot of couples who try to be monogamous but most of the times, they get tempted. And I also know couples who are in an open relationship, people who are open to their partner engaging in extra curricular activities.

I can't bear the latter. I'm the jealous type. I am not saying that I am a saint but as much as possible, whenever I'm with someone, even if we're are just dating, I try my best to be monogamous. I know it's difficult but in situations like this, enough self-control should be mustered.

At this point, do I want to be with someone? I really don't know. I am at a point in my life wherein getting hurt is not an option anymore. I'd rather have friends or maybe acquaintances with benefits.

But it's difficult to say. Mahirap magsalita ng tapos. I do have my crushes and I do have urges to get into a relationship but I guess, that will have to take a backseat for the moment. I have
better things to do than drown myself into something that may cause heartaches in the future.

I'm happy with my personal life right now. There's a hole but that hole could easily be filled by friends who are always there for me. Ayoko na muna ng komplikasyon sa buhay sa kasalukuyan...

11 comments:

. said...

Isipin mo sana lagi na sa relasyong katulad natin, higit dapat na nangingibabaw ang barkadahan sa pagitan ng magkarelasyon. Yun lang ang tanging assurance na magwowork ang m2m relationship.

Ngayong malaya na ako, ito rin ang hinahabol kong ideal na relasyon.

Anonymous said...

I understand the feeling.

Anonymous said...

i would like to believe that monogamy is still possible in this kind of thing that we are in but i understand the feeling. yeah, friends are lifesavers sometimes. when you're in that void, a simple coffee with friends helps a lot. hehe.

Bloiggster said...

Sana nga ganon dapat ang namamayani sa magkarelasyon sapagkat kung ganon ang mangyayari, sana madaming m2m na relasyon ang hindi nagtapos nang mabilisan lamang.

minsan kasi ang relasyon nila ay nakatuon lamang sa seks imbis na companionship

Bloiggster said...

friends who understand are really the BEST!

Kris Canimo said...

hindi pala madali ang tinahak kong landas. tsk.
18 years of being single and counting. hmm. i think i have done a good job. ;)

A.Dimaano said...

I agree with Mugen. Maganda na matibay ang foundation na parang barkada kayo.

Lately naiingit din ako sa handsome gay couple na next door neighbor ko. Ingit to the max ako pag naglalampungan na sila at sabay nanonood ng fave TV show/DVD nila. Haaaay! =(

pie said...

just open your heart to possibilities, you can never can tell di ba? hehehe.

nice first read from you, came across you through mugen's blog.

Bloiggster said...

thanks for reading my blog pie... appreciate it :)

Anonymous said...

klasmeyt, yeah so much for a bit promises of love. just hang around with us. and feel the difference..

... my name is rain...

lol.

Bloiggster said...

oh sure darwin...ill hangout with you guys...expect me next month and dont forget to roll the red carpet okay? hehehe