Sunday, June 5, 2011

Continuous Search

Love is something that all of us aspire for. Whether it's romantic, platonic or familial, we all long for it.

In my entire life, I've always asked if am I indeed loved by the people surrounding me.

FAMILY

I do know that I am not the favourite in the family. Although I have tried my best to get everyone's attention by doing well in school, it wasn't enough to generate enough love from everyone in our extended family.  I have always loathed the fact that my aunts and grandparents have their own favourites among my 20+ cousins. I was never one of them. Even my sibling is a favourite of one aunt.

FRIENDS

I am not questioning the fact that I have true friends but sometimes I wonder whether if every single friend of mine really cares about me? I have proven before that there are indeed users and back biters. They were people whom I thought as my true friends but I later found out that they were wolves in sheep's clothings. 

LOST LOVES

Prior to my current relationship, I have never been lucky in love whether it was hetero or same sex. Some ex's were either two-timers or blatant liars. The longest relationship I had with the same sex was for 8 months while the hetero was for 1.5 years. 

I gave my all in these relationships. And because I loved these people, I lost myself, I lost my self-worth and in the end, I was terribly hurt.  Every time this kind of shit happens, I would promise myself that I will never fall in love again. But once somebody comes along and sweeps me off my feet, I tend to break that promise to myself. And the vicious cycle happens again.

NOW

At present, because of some not so good experiences with family and lovers in the past, I have always questioned the fact if there are indeed people out there who are willing to love me, may it be platonic, familial or romantic. 

I don't know if it's because of insecurity or just distrust but I am just hoping that somewhere out there, I will find what I am looking for whether from from friends, family or a prospective partner in life...

4 comments:

zeke said...

Awww..

It's sad that you reach this kind of thinking..

It may not be reassuring but I feel that someone from those circles you've mentioned has the love you've been longing for.

Perhaps, not the showy type.

Désolé Boy said...

I wish for you to find "love" from your family, first. Might sound too cliche, but really, blood will always be thicker than a marinara sauce. ;D

Desperate Houseboy said...

Nakakalungkot lang na kailngan dumating pa tayu sa ganitong tagpo ng buhay natin. Marahil sa pagiisa at/o pangungulila pero pasasaan pa eh mararamdaman mo din ang tunay na pagibig. Mejo OA lang pero isasama kita sa panalangin. :)

Bloiggster said...

@greenbreaker: thanks dude

@desole boy: salamat :)

@desperate houseboy: thanks :)