Saturday, April 16, 2011

DH

I am currently making hirap with the chores here as an OFW. I grew up kasi na masyadong sheltered. Like, I would always have my yaya beside me when I went to school. Sometimes pa nga she would make me subo the food for recess or lunch. Some schoolmates would even make me tukso kasi I was like Bondying daw kasi I was like a baby with a yaya in school. Pero I didn't make them pansin. So what?!!! They're like inggit lang I'm sure.

Anyway, when I grew up and became a college student, my mom decided that I should learn to be independent. Like, I  should make aral na daw how to commute from house to school. At first, I was like so takot, scared, you know!  My gosh, what if a hold-upper would like make nakaw my wallet or my bag inside a jeepney? Gosh! but I had no choice, I had to make sunod my mom and dad.

Pero of course, at home, I was like a senyorito! I never learned how to cook, clean the house or even fix stuff inside the bahay. I was like so tamad to learn all of those things. As I grew older, I slowly learned to do some stuff, like make luto the rice, make walis the floor, wash the kotse and clean the windows of my room. But haller, I would only do these things na once in a blue moon! Like once lang talaga!

Right now, I am like living in a foreign land. Oh yes, uso the maid here but haller, how can I make usap with them and tell them what to do if I can't communicate with them properly. So I made a decision that I will do all the chores in the house. So for a few months now, I've been making laba my clothes, plantsa them after, clean the toilet, the living room, the dining area and of course the 2 rooms and would make luto my meals for dinner and lunch.. My unit naman is kinda small so not really a big deal but sometimes, I wish na I have like a maid kasi it's so mura lang naman to get one.

All of these chores actually take a lot of my time especially during weekends. Instead of making sulat here sa blog or making borlog in the afternoon, I would either make laba or even make luto. So pagod na ako but I have no choice coz I don't wanna get a maid. If I have a maid who would come here on a part-time basis, I wouldnt be able to walk around in the house naked or even make hubad kasi I'll be hiya since baka Muslim sya. Baka makulong pa ako at mablame na I'm seducing her! Yuck di ba?

So anyway, aside from my day job as an OFW, I'm also like a DH coz I always have chores to do after work and during weekends. It's so kapagod but I'm like so saya, happy, you know coz I learned how to do all of these things. Siguro my family will be proud of me if they find out na I so know na how to make linis, luto, do the grocery, laba and plantsa. I'm so galing na! I'm so proud of myself din!

It's like, OH MY GOSH! it's like a new me! so galing ko naman! ahihihi!

No comments: